► On-The-Job Training (OJT)
- Provides employers with an incentive to hire, train, and upgrade individuals who may lack the skills and/or experience for a particular job.
- On the Job Training is for occupations where classroom training is not available or not appropriate and for which specific job skills can be learned while engaged in productive work.
- Individual must be trained and retained for a full time position.
- Reimbursement of up to 50% of eligible new employee wages during the entire training, up to six months, based on the training offered.
Interested in training opportunities for current employees? An upgrade OJTs defrays the cost of training a current employee when that training would:
- Improve the employees skills
- Provide them with a clearly defined step up the career ladder
- Result in a higher post-training wage of at least 10%
► Customized Training
Customized training is designed to meet the special need of an employer or a group of employers. It is conducted with a commitment by the employer to employ (or in the case of incumbent workers) continue to employ an individual upon successful completion of training, and for which the employer pays not less than 50 percent of the cost of training. Customized training may only be provided for employees that are not earning a self-sufficient wage.
The costs of a customized training program should be inclusive of all reasonable costs to the business that are necessary for the provision of such customized training program services. Since these costs are required match, they are subject to verification and audit.
The following are a match for Customized Training contracts:
- Cost of instruction
- Cost of an instructor
- Wages of the employees being trained while they are in training
- Cost of curriculum development associated with the training course
- Training materials and books, as needed for the course