Helpful Covid-19 Related Websites
· NYS Governor’s Office
· NYS Governor’s Office Press Releases
· Executive Orders
o Related to closures and onsiteworkforce reductions
o Related to Public Meetings law
· NYS Department of Health COVID-19 Information
· ESD’s Coronavirus FAQ for Businesses
· USDOL COVID-19 Information
· Unemployment Insurance COVID-19 Information
· NYS Paid Family Leave
· Paid Sick Leave bill
o COVID-19 Paid Sick Leaveguidance
o Guidance for Employees
o Guidance for Businesses
COVID-19 SBA DisasterLoan Program - The U.S. Small Business Administration’s (SBA) federaldisaster loan program has been approved for all counties in NYS and isavailable for applications. Low-interest loans for working capital areavailable to small businesses, small agricultural cooperatives, smallaquaculture businesses and most private non-profit organizations sufferingsubstantial economic injury as a result of the coronavirus (COVID-19)throughout New York State. Information on the program, how to apply, and awebinar can be found on ESD’s website located here
Need Health Insurance?
> Download information here
NY State of Health Information
> Download here
Do You Need Help Accessing Addiction or Mental Health Care?
> Download information here
Free Wi-Fi Available at OneWorkSource Centers
> Download Press Release
OneWorkSource launches new web series
> See Press Release
Getting Employees Back from Unemployment
> Go to this page
Avoiding COVID-19 Fraud and Scams
AARP's Fraud Watch Network Helpline is a free helpline that provides callers with information to protect themselves and their families against fraud and scams. The helpline also offers guidance and emotional support for those who have been victimized by fraud. For more information, visit their website at here.
To report a scam, visit their Fraud Tracker here.
Governor Cuomo Mandates Employers Provide Masks for Certain Employees
> Go to this update
Need Help Buying Food?
SNAP provides monthly benefits to spend at local grocery stores. You can get and use SNAP while keeping a safe distance from other people.
Self Employed Guide
If you are self-employed, you may now file for UI benefits online. See guidance on how to file a UI claim if you are self-employed:
Small Business Administration (SBA) Information
Help is available to small businesses through the U.S. Small Business Administration. The agency is making available Federal Disaster Loans for businesses, private non-profits, homeowners and renters. To find out more and/or to apply, please click this link.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - https://www.cdc.gov/
- U.S. Department of Labor - https://www.dol.gov/
- The North Country Chamber of Commerce - http://www.northcountrychamber.com/
- Adirondack Foundation - https://www.adirondackfoundation.org/
- United Way - https://www.unitedwayadk.org/
- Champlain Valley Educational Services - The CVES Online Learning & Educational Resources page for our students, parents and educators, along with anyone else searching for online resources is currently available. The page is divided into four sections:
1. General Material
2. Special Education
4. Student Support Services
You can also access it by going to the website and clicking on the first link on the left hand side of the page.
- Clinton Community College - Click HERE for the link to find Clinton's online classes.
- FEH BOCES - Franklin-Essex-Hamilton BOCES online courses are up and running.
Click HERE for the list of online courses for both "Career Training" and "Personal Enrichment".
- North Country Community College - Classes are suspended the week of March 16-20. Following spring break, which runs the following week, they will resume on Mar. 30 using a modified delivery system as much as possible for the rest of the semester.
Click HERE to find the list of online courses
Below are the most recent guidance and resources available to support you in your organization's COVID-19 response.
- The Governor's office has provided additional information on New York Paid Family Leave for individuals impacted by COVID-19
NYS Department of Labor (NYSDOL) has provided several helpful overviews to support the workforce field and general public better understand the new benefits available to them. NYSDOL has acknowledged the challenges New Yorkers are facing in getting through the Unemployment Insurance phone lines and website. They ask for your patience as they are working on addressing the technical issues and hiring more staff to support!
- Unemployment Insurance Benefits, Updated FAQs following the federal CARES Act. NYSDOL has also provided additional information for people who are Self-Employed and looking to access UI benefits.
- NY Hire Now website for immediate job openings across New York State in sectors that are hiring and need talent
- New York's Shared Work program, that allows employers to avoid layoffs by combining reduced schedules for employees and unemployment insurance.
NYS Office of Mental Health has developed a hotline for New Yorkers in crisis to call for emotional support during the COVID-19 emergency.
- New Yorkers can call 1-844-863-9314 for free and confidential support, helping callers experiencing increased anxiety due to the coronavirus emergency. The Help Line is staffed by volunteers, including mental health professionals, who have received training in crisis counseling.
- New York Non-Profit (NYN) has also created a running list of potential resources across New York State to support non-profit organizations during COVID-19.
- NYATEP Partner, EMSI has developed a Job Posting Dashboard to track job posting trends by day, week, and month and compare to 2019 averages. You can also filter by region, industry, company, job, and skill.
- Division of Research and Statistics, Research Notes - Initial Claims Data.
Immediate Openings > Click Here
Apply Through New York State > Click Here